Tuesday 19 November 2013

Norma Bates




In order to help me develop the mother character in my story further I felt that it would be useful to look in more detail at Norma Bates and her nature and mannerisms. A main similarity that I have found between Norma and my mother character is their obsessive need to have absolute and total control over the lives of their respective sons and their unwillingness to let anyone or anything affect the relationship between them. These aspects of her character and her personality will be very helpful to me in fully shaping the character of the mother in my story in complete detail so the script will accurately reflect her personality. I plan to watch the series more and to watch the film 'Psycho' in order to better understand her character and the effects of her behaviour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment