Thursday 13 June 2013

What makes an effective trailer?

I am going to be looking into how film trailers are successful in appealing to the future possible audience. I will do this by analysing the aspects of several trailers and making a judgement on whether they effectively reach and entice the audience. 

I already have a rudimentary knowledge of what a trailer consists of (having seen so many on the TV and at the cinema), however, I am aware that there is a lot more than meets the eye that goes into the construction of trailers as they are targeted and aimed at appealing to a specific group of people. This makes trailers the most useful tool for enticing audiences to the films.

I have decided that I will analyse the trailers for 'The Great Gatsby', 'Despicable Me 2' and 'The Hunger Games' as these are all films that I am familiar with and enjoy therefore I would find it interesting to watch their trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment